Any individual using an X-Ray machine in research must be trained in basic radiation safety principles and the actual operation of the machine. Radiation safety topics include:
- Regulatory requirements for the use of X-Ray equipment
- Concepts of ionizing radiation and radiation dose
- Basic principles of radiation protection
- Health effects from exposure to ionizing radiation
- Applicable radiation safety policies and procedures
X-Ray radiation safety training is provided by a health physicist on an as-needed basis. Contact the Radiation Safety Office to schedule a training session.
Instruction on the actual operation of the unit will be provided by departmental personnel.
Contact Michael Kennedy at email@example.com to schedule training.