Any individual who uses radionuclides in research must attend a training lecture offered by the Radiation Safety Office. The lecture covers:
- Regulatory requirements for the use of radioactive material
- Concepts of ionizing radiation and radiation dose
- Basic principles of radiation protection
- Health effects from exposure to ionizing radiation
- Applicable radiation safety policies and procedures
- How to perform radiation surveys and monitor for contamination
Attendance is required of all individuals, regardless of previous experience. The current schedule of lecture dates and times and registration is available on the training request form.